5.25.2012

Trigger Pulled


The big batch of walnut Pentimoes arrived yesterday.
Devon and I were collectively to impatient to do some sort of foolish unboxing, let alone take time to photograph the jigsaw fun of the cut sheet still held together with adhesive paper. So, in the aftermath of all the release and peel of Pentimoes from the sheet and scrap, I took a few photos of the unfinished set to share: 
What was left of the sheet of wood.

The two kinds of scrap. In casting, this sort of thing is called sprew.
Laser cutting needs a fun name for the cast off bits too.
The bag of scraps. I am hoping to find a fun use for these odd bits.
The Money Shot! Actual Pentimoes, next to the ol' CoT.
I still need to stain the tiles and paint the pips white, and of course, there are three tiles missing from this set still, which I will be ordering soon. Those are the 'quints': 1-1-1-1-1, the 2-2-2-2-2, and the 3-3-3-3-3.  I am considering getting three sets of those. I can fit ten tiles on the small sheet, and it seems having redundant tiles that are all matching may be a useful thing, both as back up, and for rule variants.
Any tiles I don't have 'pipped' will get a Mayan Oroboros motif, and will be suitable as a wild card, or wild-tile in this case. The only question is: do I get one wild-tiles and three sets of quints,  four wild-tiles and two sets of quints, or one set of quints, and seven wild-tiles?
I am leaning toward two sets of quints and four wild-tiles... Seven wild seems a bit extreme on one end, and three sets of quints seems excessive on the other. double quints and four wild seems like the best solution. I wonder how many other game designs have been based on manufacturing restrictions?

No comments:

Post a Comment