9.07.2010

Vyrémorn Chess

Long ago before blogging, I had a nice little site with a jscript art gallery, a 'news panel' (the precursor to blogging) and the rules for Vyrémorn Chess. That site is long gone, but I have finally gotten around to reconstructing the rules page using updated graphics and formatting, dispensing with the heavy-handed tricks and tables of HTML3. 

The site, vanished after 9/11 of 2001. My free-host, NBCi.com (formerly XOOM.com) lost or shut down their servers; I would like to believe the former because I never received any apologies or alerts. their entire domain was 404ed, and if the servers were in the WTC, then they at least had a good reason to never offer an apology: all the account information would have been on those same servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment